A tiring and exhausting day can take a toll on your psychological and physiological wellbeing. It can break your spirit and leave you feeling depleted, overwhelmed and exhausted. Some people choose to surrender to their comforting pillows and beds at the end of the day, others into a glass of wine, while neither of these are terrible there are a host of many other options that can leave your feeling more supported, nourished and whole with one being a body oiling ritual.
Often the skin on our bodies can get neglected due to being hidden under clothing, but as the largest organ of our bodies, it's important that we give it extra attention, care and love. Body oil is a simple and effective way to do just that. A good body oil can not only help to revive dry skin but when infused with the right ingredients and intention can also assist in elevating our self care rituals and practices, reduce stress, improve the appearance of scarring and improve sleep.
- Hydrate and moisturise dry and dehydrated skin.
- Wind down after a stressful day at work.
- Improve the texture of the skin.
- Help the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Improve your mood and sleep
- Elevate your self care ritual and practices
* Please note. While there are ongoing conversations and research going into essential oils and their benefits, we recommend you lean into discernment and do your own research or consult a medial professional before using any essential oils, especially if pregnant or on medication. At BARE we use the highest quality products available to us but can assume no liability for usage of these products.
HOW DO I USE A BODY OIL?
At B ^ R E our mission is to help you evolve daily habits into self care ritual, so while body oils are deeply hydrating and nourishing, we invite you to elevate your ritual with added care and attention and incorporate these oils as a part of your daily ritual practice.
- Clear your space - by clearing space it instantly helps us to clear our minds.
- Take a moment to drop into yourself - a few long, deep inhalations followed by smooth slow exhalations are a simple and effective way to reconnect and drop into
- Dispense 3 - 6 drops into the palm of your hand and begin to rub your hands together. Inhale deeply the alluring scent allowing it to activate your senses, clearing away the external noise and bringing you back to your heart space.
- Set an intention to be fully present
- Gently close the eyes down and proceed to lather your skin, beginning at your chest, bringing your awareness to the surface of the skin, as you whisper sweet nothings to yourself and choose to consciously send love into your body through the pores of your skin, move your way in upward strokes towards your neck and then bringing that energy and awareness down to your heart space. Continue this in downward strokes on your arms and legs for grounding or in upward strokes for activating.
- If there are areas of your skin that are particularly dryer or tense, spend a little more time massaging into this area.
*For optimum results, apply to clean damp skin after dry brushing and having a shower OR add to your bath to deepen your self care ritual.
*Doubles up as a natural / pure perfume or beautiful hair serum when used through mids and ends sparingly before your hair wash ritual.
What base oils are in BARE Ritual Oils?
We only team with ethical, natural and eco Australian based companies for all of our creations and with the support of our chemists have carefully crafted a delicate blend of Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut and Grape seed oil as our base. That is it!
Why these oils?
Jojoba oil is incredibly hydrating and moisturising as well as healing. Those who are prone to dehydrated skin or suffer from skin conditions such as eczema will enjoy its soothing benefits.
Sweet almond oil is full of vitamin E, vitamin A, monosaturated fatty acids, protein, potassium, and zinc. Vitamin E keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from UV radiation damage and helps skin to look smooth, soft and free from lines. The fatty acids help your skin retain moisture and can heal chapped and irritated skin. Because it’s packed with these vitamins and nutrients, sweet almond oil is a natural skincare superpower. If you’re worried about using oil on your skin—especially if you have oily skin—there’s no need to stress. Sweet almond oil is mostly non-comedogenic, which means it’s unlikely to clog your pores. The benefits of sweet almond oil can be appreciated by those with oily, dry, and sensitive skin.
Coconut oil is packed full of fatty acids and helps prevent moisture loss at the surface of the skin leaving you hydrated for longer.
Grape seed oil also packed with antioxidants, omega fatty acids, vitamin E and other such vital nutrients, grape seed oil in skin care does wonders when used topically. This oil is also known for its anti-ageing properties. It not only helps in fortifying the skin’s barrier but also helps reduce spots, scars, fine lines and wrinkles. It boosts collagen production, prevents damage caused by environmental aggressors and evens out skin tone and texture. For how it keeps the skin hydrated and moisturised, consistent use of grape seed oil also leads to firmer, more supple and youthful-looking skin.
Can I replace a moisturiser with body oil?
The short answer is yes!
Some dislike the heaviness of a moisturising lotion and much prefer a lightweight body oil due to its consistency and fast-absorbing properties.
Swapping them out interchangeably will deliver the necessary hydration your body needs.
For those who would like to double down on the moisture can use both. Use the body oil as a protective layer to lock in any previous moisturiser and it’ll be sure to leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
How do I choose which ritual oil is for me?
When choosing which body oils to journey with it's important to feel into your intention. We know that we are ever evolving, every changing beings which is why we have 3 options in this range. Each oil intentionally and infused with high quality essential oils utilising the plant wisdom, frequency and vibration to activate and evoke your inner goddess, sage or mystic qualities.
Scented and infused with a blend of the most feminine and powerful rose + jasmine oils to reconnect you to your heart, your womb and divine feminine essence.
Rose oil - The oil of divine love. One of the most precious essential oils, Rose brings balance, harmony and comforts the mind. The “Queen of All Flowers” she symbolizes love and beauty and is prized for her beautiful fragrance. Also used for spiritual attunement when used in meditation and prayer. It is known to strengthen, open and balance the heart chakra as well as inspire positive feelings and promote spiritual growth.
Jasmine oil - The oil of sexual purity and balance. Used in ceremony and ritual for centuries in India, and is treasured as a fragrance in the perfume industry for generations. It’s often worn as a devotional oil to bring good luck and blessings, releases inner inhibitions, and can transcend physical love.
*adorned with rose petals to drive desire as well as for their antioxidants that work to protect the body from cell damage.
Scented and infused with the divine feminine and ancient blue lotus oil to awaken the senses, activate the crown chakra, unify, calm and bring you into deep ritual. This powerful plant wisdom helps to lift your mood, clear away tense feelings, heighten mediation and movement practices and is also known for it's aphrodisiac properties.
With a few added drops of the vibrant indigo Blue Tansy essential oil for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, this combination is perfect for all skin types as well as sensitive skin. Rich in soothing and relaxation benefits this oil is also known to relax the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
*adorned with corn flower for it's toning and cooling properties powerful antibiotic, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties
Scented and filled with with geranium (the oil of love & trust), sweet orange (for its uplifting and worry-reducing properties, sweet orange carries cheerfulness while simultaneously calms, making it ideal as an overall mood enhancer and relaxant) ylang ylang (the oil of the inner child, playfulness and joy)
*adorned with chamomile flower for it's soothing properties,
The perfect tool to deepen your connection to wholeness and let go of separation, lean into child like play and wander as well as heighten your self love practices, ceremonies and intimate relations.
Infused with crystal sound healing vibrations, reiki and a host of natural, pure oils including sweet almond oil, coconut oil, grape seed and jojoba oil, ., our B ^ R E body + bath oil leaves your skin feeling hydrated, smooth and glowing.